Sli Cholmcille Pilgrimage reflection questions
As with any important experience, it is good to reflect back on it afterwards. These questions are suggested as an aid to your reflection on the pilgrimage. You may like to write a private diary or journal to help you process the experience.
1. How would you describe the experience to your friends?
2. How did you come to the pilgrimage, what frame of mind were you starting out with? How did the pilgrimage change you, if at all?
3. Did anything stop you from giving yourself fully to the experience?
4. What memories stand out for you?
5. What image or metaphor captures the experience for you?
6. What was your favourite/least favourite place?
7. What were the high points for you?
8. What were the low points for you?
9. Were there any moments of the ‘Cross’, darkness of difficulty? Did you sense Christ’s presence in these (maybe afterwards), were you able to pray with them?
10. Was there any place/person/experience where you particularly felt the presence of God? Where did you feel that God was speaking to you?
11. What have you learned about yourself? What have you learned about God?
12. How has your faith/spirituality changed (if at all); what have you learned?
13. What will you do differently after this pilgrimage, how, if at all, has it changed your life?
14. What concrete decisions, if any, emerged from the pilgrimage?
15. Is there anything you still need to do? What changes would help you stay in consolation?
The Abbey in Gartan, at the very centre of St Columba/Colmcille's Homeland
Click to expand images
Join Us On Twitter
If you decide to walk Slí Cholmcille, make sure you enjoy the beautiful sunsets along the way... #SliCholmcille #colmcille1500 #ColmcilleWay https://t.co/SAXgeJ6R8IRead More
The final day of the Slí Cholmcille Pilgrimage focused on reflection. Pilgrims were given questions that allowed them to process their experience. Read all about day 7 here: #SliCholmcille #Colmcille1500 https://t.co/Up4wjQCPb1Read More
A snapshot of some beautiful scenery on Day 6 of Slí Cholmcille which saw pilgrims trek 14kms from Gartan Outdoor Activity Centre to Glenveigh via Ráth Cnó, Leac na Cumha and Lough Inshagh. #slicholmcille https://t.co/pQKHyCwIsMRead More
On the Slí, the key is committing yourself to the walking, reflecting and noticing process that is an essential part of the journey. The answers and solutions will emerge. #SliCholmcille #donegal #stcolmcille #naomhcolumba https://t.co/kfS807SoymRead More
Slí Cholmcille Day 6: Starting Afresh On the Slí, every day is a new beginning, a fresh start. Coming towards the end is really just a new beginning. A central part of walking and reflecting on your life is to get new hope and perspective. #SliCholmcille #donegal #stcolmcille https://t.co/tsj9Q0PzL3Read More
Some more photos of day 5 on #SliCholmcille, an experience like no other, immersed in the flora and fauna of the beautiful Donegal landscape… https://t.co/RM4axUplFRRead More